Thumbs Up:
- Jackson is growing up way too quickly and as much as I don't want him to grow up too fast, I love relating to him as a 'kid' now versus toddler. Here are some of the funny exchanges we've had recently:
- Jackson was eating Scrabble Cheez-Its and he was telling me the letter, the sound and a word that begins with that sound. I was going for simple words, so when he had letter A I said, oh like April and he said yeah and Antarctica! Wow that was not a word I expected him to throw out there!
- If you all are on Facebook, you saw my post on Sunday. Jackson asked me to sing the Lasagna song and when I said I didn't know it, he said yes you do...Lasagna, Lasagna in the highest!
- Today I bought Jackson a little prize, a Cars t-shirt, and when I put him down for his nap he said, "Mommy I really appreciate you getting me that Cars shirt!" He's such a sweetie!
- Mike kicked it into overdrive this weekend and got super productive! He put up a stone edge on our flower beds, mowed down a bunch of weeds, edged our yard, put up a border around the mailbox, and filled the flower beds with more bark. It was impressive. Especially 'cause he was outside doing most of this when the windchill was like 20! Yep my hubby is a rockstar!
- Monday was a picture perfect 65 degree weather day. The kids and I stayed outside and played all afternoon. It makes me look forward to the warmer weather to come with a nice big fenced in yard! Right now we're bracing for up to 6" snow and schools was cancelled today and tomorrow.
Thumbs Down:
- I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping recently. I don't drink caffeine, aside from my morning coffee, so that's not the problem. It seems like right when I get into deep sleep something always wakes me up and I never get back to good sleep before morning. Hopefully it's just a phase and I start sleeping better soon.
- Our two boxes of Thin Mints did not last very long at all. No self control with those things - NONE!
Pics from the week:
 |
| What a good big brother playing tea party with sissy! |
 |
| She needs 3 different purses to go shopping! |
 |
| College already! |
 |
| Painting fun! |
 |
| Waffle House Champ - over half a big waffle and two pieces of 'macon'! |
 |
| Jackson loved watching them make all the waffles! |
 |
| Isn't she beautiful! I didn't have a matching bow or ribbons, so we experimented with hair for church. |
 |
| Helping Mommy make laundry soap! |
 |
| Fashion show! |
 |
| Blowing kisses! |
 |
| So much fun! |
Favorite Things: Breakfast Nook
No comments:
Post a Comment