Monday, February 10, 2014

February Week One

Thumbs Up:

  • We had a bunch of snow days the end of January and the kids LOVED playing in the snow, making snow angels and a snow lady, eating snow, and trying hot chocolate for the first time. It's so much nicer to play in the snow here versus Mountain Home because there is no wind. Jackson really didn't like missing school, but it was fun to enjoy the weather while we had it.  Looks like more snow is in store this week too!
  • Finally christened the house with guests for a Super Bowl Party on Feb. 2. Too bad the game wasn't very entertaining, but the company was fabulous!
  • Mike and I enjoyed a nice date night on Saturday and went to dinner and a movie. We saw Monument's Men. It was very good and educational. I hadn't heard of that story before. 
  • Kennedy has pooped on the potty twice now. I don't see her really being potty trained just yet, but it's a start! I think whoever said girls were easier than boys to potty train didn't know what they were talking about!
Thumbs Down:
  • Our weather here has been depressing recently we had a few days of snow then rain then clouds with maybe one day of sun thrown in there over the past couple of weeks. Really looking forward to sunnier warmer weather. Hopefully that will happen soon! Though I guess I can't really complain after looking at the news of whats happening in the rest of the country!
  • Mike's plane was diverted to Virginia last week due to weather and they had to stay the night there. It was just bad timing. Literally as I was answering the phone call from Mike saying he wouldn't be home for one maybe two nights due to weather, Jackson was in the bathroom throwing up! Thankfully whatever Jackson had passed quickly and Kennedy is super great at entertaining herself! I was very ready to have Daddy back home the next night though!

Mike shoveling off the trampoline!









First time trying hot chocolate was a success!

Jackson just wanted the marshmallows!


In addition to eating snow, Jackson went along the fence line and ate all the icicles too!




Two days after the snow had fallen it was just perfect for snowman building!








Favorite Thing: Upstairs Common Area
This house has a great loft in the upstairs that all the bedrooms and bathroom open up into. We have all of Mike's awards displayed on the wall which is something we've never had the space to showcase until now. Mike bought me a keyboard for Christmas and that is where I play music. We also have a nice desk/office space and craft table for when I get motivated to get crafty again! It's a very nice 'bonus' space!



We left a spot for Mike's stuff that he will get from our time in Mountain Home in case you were curious about the blank space!





No comments:

Post a Comment