Monday, January 2, 2012

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down - #21 (much belated post)

\So I began writing this post before we left for Texas, but literally I never got my computer out the whole time we were home to even post it. Sorry for the delayed holiday wishes!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope you all are had as merry a Christmas as our family did and got to spend it with those you love. I'm so thankful that Mike is home with us this Christmas after spending over half the year away from us. I know others are not so fortunate and I want to say thank you to all you military families that are separated during this holiday season. 

Up:
  • Jackson had his first Christmas program this week with his Mother's Day Out class. He did so great and was so fun to watch. It made me think of all the Christmas pageants I was in when I was little. I can't wait for more fun things like this in years to come. Here is a small portion of Jackson's class singing Jingle Bells:

  • As mentioned two weeks ago, Kennedy turned 2 months old on Dec. 19th. I didn't get a chance to take her pictures until the next day because she was not in the best of moods after getting her vaccinations. Isn't she beautiful?! Jackson felt left out and wanted in the pics too!


  • Always so great to spend time with family that we are separated from most of the year. We had a great time with my family up in Groom:
Sitting with my niece, Katherine, and Kennedy waiting on Santa to arrive!

Jackson got a miniature John Deere 4 wheeler from Santa! It has been a longstanding tradition in Groom that Santa visits on Christmas Eve after mass and brings presents to the kids.

Christmas morning with the kids in our PJs! Then we all went to checkout the snow - a white Christmas! They didn't even get any snow in Idaho while we were gone - haha, ironic!

I beat my Nephew Carson on the wishbone challenge!


Down:
  • Flying with babies is always a challenge. Thankfully Mike took Jackson and I had Kennedy. Kennedy was good as gold as slept on both flights out to Texas; Jackson on the other hand, was down right awful. It didn't help that we couldn't sit on the same row (their aren't enough oxygen masks for two lap children on one row in a full fight). To top it off, when we finally got to my Uncle's house that night, Jackson didn't sleep well at all. Can you say EXHAUSTING!
  • There is never enough time to get all the visiting in that I would like to when we go back home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment