Monday, January 16, 2012

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down - 2012 #3

Just got back from a great weekend in the mountains with my family! There wasn't enough snow to go tubing, but we did plenty of sledding and enjoyed each other's company and the other squadron families we vacationed with!






Up:

  • Thanks to all of my generous fellow spouses I didn't have to buy one single size 1 diaper! Kennedy is now in size 2 and we are slowly whittling away at our supply! It really is great to have one thing that I don't have to worry about right now! Diaper showers are a Godsend when it comes to your second child. 
  • Kennedy turned over on Thursday at only 12 weeks! Jackson was 3 months and 3 days when he turned over, so little sister already has him beat! She is just the sweetest thing and growing so fast!
Down:
  • The postpartum hair shedding has commenced! It is everywhere. My only hope is that it won't last too long. When this started after having Jackson, I chopped all my hair off so at least they were shorter hairs I was shedding. I may have to do the same thing this time.
  • I've been an Amazon Mom subscriber since Jackson was very little and my sister-in-law introduced me to it. It is so convenient to have the diapers arrive right at your door and at a very reasonable price. However, this week I received an email detailing changes to the 'Mom' membership which basically takes the discount I was getting (something like 30% off) down to 5%. I have a feeling they will lose a lot of business over this decision. The only way to keep discount is to subscribe to an Amazon Prime membership which is $80 and totally defeats the purpose of getting discounted diapers. I guess it's back to clipping coupons and waiting for sales or maybe even trying out store brand diapers instead of Pampers. Total bummer :(
Favorite Thing:
    I am definitely of the mindset that everything has a place. I don't like clutter. It has been really hard, especially in our current home, to have a place for everything when space is so limited. My favorite organizing tool to compensate for lack of space is an over the door shoe organizer! As you can see below, I have one for all my pantry miscellaneous, one for my cleaning supplies, and one three for their intended purpose - shoes! They would also be great for school/art supplies, gift wrapping supplies, or you could even put one in the garage for gardening supplies. Your only limiting factor is the number of doors available in your house!



No comments:

Post a Comment