UP:
- Just got home from a fabulous baby shower that my wonderful friend, Tanessa, hosted for me and two other girls in the squadron that are due around the same time I am. Now Kennedy is all set on clothes and diapers! We really are blessed to have generous friends. I'm just ready for her to make her arrival so I can start using all this fun, girly stuff!
| Jackson surveying all the diapers for Kennedy! |
- Pinkie & Pa (Mike's parents) came to visit this week. Jackson and I had a blast! It's so much fun having family around and having things to look forward to that distract us from the fact that Mike isn't here. They also got JP a prize - his first 'bike'! Jackson has been obsessed with bikes recently and this one is perfect for him. It converts from a rocking bike to a push bike and then an independent bike once he learns how to pedal. He's been in heaven ever since. Pinkie and I put it together, so Daddy is gonna have to do some work on it when he gets home (the handle bars are held on by duct tape right now!).
| Pinkie pushing Jackson on his new bike! |
- Jackson's first day of Mother's Day Out was a great success. He seemed to do really well despite being the youngest in his class. It was great to have a day to get yard and house work done without having a little one to tend to. He also slept 12 hours that night and took a 2 1/2 hour nap the next day. I could definitely get used to this!
Down:
- I feel like a failure on my motherly duties because I didn't get a picture of Jackson on his 'first day of school.' It's not for lack of trying...Jackson knew we were leaving and wouldn't stop fussing when I wasn't opening the door and when he got home from school he was pretty wound up and wanted to play with every toy he owned. Maybe I'll be able to get a quick picture next week.
- As mentioned last week, I am really enjoying some online shopping. Most recently I've been shopping a lot on Zulily which has a lot of merchandise for women and children at very good prices. Unfortunately, in order to give you such good prices you have to wait a REALLY long time before getting your purchase. Example, my first purchase was made on Aug. 7th and I still haven't received it -ugh! It's hard because I'm used to shopping and getting that instant gratification. Guess this will be a good challenge to gain some patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment