Monday, July 16, 2012

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down 2012 #29

Up:

  • This week went by really fast. The kids were able to do some type of play date almost every day. Play dates are awesome because that means a good nap will always follow! It's been pretty humid here and when it's not too hot and humid to go out it's raining, so we've had to find more activities to do indoors. 
We went to the Galleria in Birmingham on Saturday and Jackson and Mike rode the train around the mall! Jackson loved it!


Then we had to ride the carousel too! He wanted to ride on the giraffe, but that was apparently the only animal that didn't move, so we switched to a horse. Jackson kept saying YeeHaw and waving to all the people in the mall!


Mike was being a good citizen and returning the scooter to the inside of the store before it rained, but I think he enjoyed it a little too much!

  • While Jackson still gets sent to time-out a lot he is getting better at understanding the reasons behind why he is in trouble.  When he's finished with his 'time' in time-out, he has to tell you what he did wrong. He can now tell you every time. It makes me happy that he is learning right and wrong which actually has cut down on the number of times he goes to time-out!
  • There is a regional clearance center for Dillard's here just down the road from our apartment. I can't believe I just discovered it two weeks before we are going home. At any rate I got some neat things yesterday at great prices!
I bought these things that attach to your pants when you are wearing the tall winter boots for $6(orig. $18) and these awesome knives for cutting melons and pumpkins for $8.73 each(orig. $24.95). I love a good deal!

Down:
  • I missed some pretty significant events this weekend. My 10 year high school reunion was Friday and Saturday. Crazy to believe it's already been 10 years since I walked the halls of Levelland High School! The good news is that I keep up with a lot of my classmates on Facebook, so I can see how there lives have changed over the years. However, I would still loved to have seen them all in person.
  • The other event was Mike and I's friend, Lisa Meyers' (now Applegate) wedding. She is seriously the sweetest person ever and I'm so happy for her. I know the celebration was an unforgettable one. All of our friends and family that went to TTU/St. E's were down for the wedding and gave Mike's sister, Laura, a big surprise 30th bday party. We missed out on all that fun too. Oh, the sacrifices we make being away from family and friends to live the military life.
Favorite Thing:
Even though summer is coming to a close soon, there is still plenty of warm weather to sport those flip flops. You can't sport flip flops without polish on your tootsies! My Mom discovered this awesome base coat that keeps the polish on your toes without chipping for a VERY LONG time! Honestly it doesn't come off, you end up having to take it off because your toenails have grown so much that there is an area that doesn't have polish. It's called Orly Bonder and is sort of pricey at $10/bottle at ULTA. It lasts a long time though so it's definitely worth it. Every time we visit my parents I always go get a pedicure from the lady my Mom goes to. It's funny because she knows exactly who we are when we walk in with our ziploc of nail polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment