Up:
- I've gotten a lot of cleaning done this week and have a pretty good stack of stuff to get rid of! It always make me feel better to clean out a space and not have it look so crowded.
- Kennedy started eating baby food today! I would normally wait 'til closer to six months, but this girl has been showing that she is more than ready. Sure enough I was right, she's a pro. Here she is enjoying her green beans!
Down:
- So this is going to be more of a paragraph than a bullet point! The week started off pretty bad. On Tuesday night we went to a spouse's meeting that we quickly had to leave early from because Jackson couldn't stop screaming/crying. Wednesday and Thursday Jackson has some type of stomach bug thing and had horrible diarrhea; the kind that requires baths and outfit changes. Friday was a fairly normal day, but then there came Saturday. Every single thing set Jackson off into some type of tantrum. When I told him he had to go to bed early he started throwing another fit and went limp. I literally drug him up the stairs to put him in bed. Then he thought he could put off bedtime by taking forever to pick out his books. I put an end to that and just put him in bed and said good night! Shortly after I put Jackson to bed, Kennedy decided to scream like no other. She was not wanting to take her bottle and wouldn't stop screaming. I literally went out into the garage and sat in the car to feed her so she wouldn't wake Jackson up. Then she vomited her entire bottle on me and while I was trying to get back into the house to clean us up the door knob slammed into my hip bone - so painful. Finally, after changing us both, it took an hour of walking around with Kennedy to get her to sleep. So far today...Jackson was horrible in church. He kept running away from me, crawling under the pews and throwing his milk. After we got home from church I put Kennedy on the floor to play. Jackson proceeded to open a drawer and hit her square in the head with it. Then while I was feeding Kennedy he decided to use 4 different walls upstairs as a canvas for his artwork. SERIOUSLY! The kids doesn't even color 2 lines when you give him paper, but give him a wall and away he goes. Oh, I forgot to mention that Jackson also locked me out of the house twice this week. Once when I was taking out the trash and another time when the maintenance man was re-lighting our hot water heater. Thankfully I either had keys or another door was open. Please, Please pray for my patience and sanity.
- While feeling sorry for myself this week I realized that in the past year Mike has only been home one full month - October. Probably the only reason he was home that full month was due to the mandatory 2 week reconstitution leave after his deployment and the birth of Kennedy. So hard to have a family with a piece always missing out on the action.
Favorite Thing:




oh girl, I feel you. Something you said, "it's hard having a family with a piece always missing" really resonated with me. Also, me and magic eraser are best friends. I have to say, I am so inspired by you. I complain a lot about how much my husband works night shifts, and on those weeks when he's on call and pretty much living at the hospital, I do not even attempt to take both kids to church by myself, I'm sorry to say. Or really even leave the house much besides going on walks. Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to count on 6PM dinners and every weekend spent together. In the meantime, I HAVE MY TOILET PAPER DELIVERED from soap.com. I'm not comparing my situation to yours in ANY way because it is totally not the same- but I think both of us are proud of our husbands because of what they do and who they are- but we mamas have a tough (awesome but TOUGH) gig, especially with our kiddos being so little, and my hat goes off to you. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete