- Kennedy Olivia Hefferly is here! She arrived at 7:44am on October 19th weighing in at 7lbs. 12 oz. and 20 inches long. She is such a peaceful baby thus far. She likes to sleep and can already sleep through much of her big brother's shenanigans. Hopefully that will continue!
- We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family! From encouraging words to food and gifts you are all so generous. A special thanks to my parents for helping out so much with Jackson during all of this. They took him to the pumpkin patch right after Kennedy was born with his Mother's Day Out class!
Down:
- Breastfeeding! Not sure if this should be in the ups as well. As many of you know last time I had a huge struggle with breastfeeding Jackson. After only a month I switched to formula and had to have emergency surgery for a breast abscess that I had developed. Luckily this time around is going better. It is still a struggle getting Kennedy latched on the side I had surgery on, but it's getting better. Plus I just forgot how much it hurts in the beginning. Hopefully all that will subside and we will have a much better experience this go round.
- Recovering from surgery. This time has been SO much easier to recover from than last time. My only issue this time is not being able to pick up Jackson. It's so hard not to just scoop him up and squeeze him. It's been just he and I for so long over these past months and now Daddy is home and we have Kennedy. I just want him to know that he is still super special to me. Hopefully I'll be able to resume normal activity soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment